Your backyard paradise deserves to be enjoyed to the fullest extent. Whether your outdoor oasis consists of a pool or hot tub, is accessorized with a gazebo or patio furniture, or you enjoy taking breaks from the outdoors within the comfort of your indoor sauna or billiards table, we have the solution for you. Browse through the frequently asked questions below and see if you can find what you’re looking for. If not, feel free to get in touch with our experts at Midnight Sun in Brainerd or Bemidji. If you have any questions regarding these exceptional at-home features, we have the answers!
WHAT BENEFITS CAN A SAUNA PROVIDE?
2. Relieves Stress
3. Induces a Deeper Sleep
4. Flushes Toxins and Cleanses Skin
5. Improves Cardiovascular Health
6. Burns Calories
7. Fights Illness & Relives Congestion
SHOULD I BUY A HOT TUB?
1. Is my backyard or home the right size to accommodate a hot tub installation?
2. Could I benefit from fewer aches and pains, better sleep and reduced stress?
3. Will my family benefit from and use a hot tub?
4. Am I willing to invest in a longer-lasting, higher-quality hot tub?
5. Could I benefit from a nightly hydromassage?
6. Would increased cardiovascular health be beneficial to me?
7. Do I need a product that can help lower blood pressure and help me lose weight?
If you said yes to one or multiple questions, a hot tub might be right for you and your family. Speak with an expert at your local hot tub dealership to learn more about the prices, sizes and brands available to you.
HOW DO I CARE FOR A HOT TUB?
Most hot tubs should have their water tested once a week to ensure that the pH and chlorine levels are balanced. If the test reveals that the water is not balanced, add chemicals to treat the water. During this time, you should also rinse the filter and inspect the spa system for any damage or issues, including the cover and steps.
WHICH HOT TUB IS BEST FOR ME?
WHAT IS HYDROTHERAPY?
The health benefits of regular hydrotherapy sessions can include:
• Fewer aches and pains
• Better sleep patterns
• Eased muscle tension
• Reduced feelings of stress
• Soothed joint pain
• Improved symptoms of arthritis
Hydrotherapy can also be useful for those recovering from a muscle or joint injury. If you’re considering using hydrotherapy throughout your recovery, speak with your physician first.
HOW MUCH DO HOT TUBS COST?
Generally, hot tubs with a higher price point will offer a better quality, while those with a lower price point often offer a lower quality. While it may seem like a smart move to opt for a spa with a lower price point at first to save on costs, this can actually end up costing you more in the long run due to costly maintenance, care and repairs. Not to mention that the experience tends to be lesser as well, due to outdated, weak or missing features.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE THE HOT TUB WATER?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE THE HOT TUB FILTER?
SHOULD I INSTALL MY POOL ABOVE OR BELOW GROUND?
In-ground swimming pools
• More functional
• Better aesthetic
• Longer installation
• More expensive
• Lasts longer
Above-ground swimming pools
• Reduced risk of injury from slips and falls
• Reduced costs
• Easier to move locations
• Less invasive installation
SHOULD I BUY A POOL OR HOT TUB?
• Looking for a new approach to recreation, exercise or entertainment
• Enjoy entertaining friends and family
• Have a larger backyard
• Have a bigger budget with some wiggle room
• Looking to reduce stress
• In need of relief from aches and pains
• Wanting a new way to relax
• Modest to medium-sized budget
• Small or large backyard
Here at Midnight Sun, we don’t play favorites with pools and hot tubs. We know that they can both offer a wide range of benefits that differ from one to another. The question is, what’s stopping you from getting both? There are many spectacular pool and spa installations, some that spillover from one to the other. So you can go from a refreshing swim to a rejuvenating soak in a matter of seconds.